Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Great Weekend!

Yesterday, Ivan and I attended the wedding of an uncle of several of our friends from the One Love family. We had an absolute blast!

There was a beautiful reception with traditional dancers, a very filling buffet, a live band, (mostly) free booze, and dancing... lots of dancing.

Pictures to come!

On another note, this evening will mark the close of the 19th World Cup. According to the poll I set up a while ago (on the right-hand side of this blog), many of you have been seeing visions of a Spanish victory for a while now. I have to say I just don't see any way the Dutch can overcome all that Spanish talent--Spain reached the final by defeating Germany... without Fernando Torres even taking the field! Either way, we will have a first-time Cup champion. Exciting stuff!

Back home, today is the beginning of the Major League Baseball All-Star Break, meaning tomorrow is the annual Home Run Derby (Go Matt Holliday!). This will be the first time in my life that I won't have watched the derby. Weird milestones I'm setting here in Africa...

3 comments:

Gary said...

I'm going with Spain also to win the World Cup. I will be watching the final for what I think will be the first time in my life.
I will record the Home Run Derby for you to watch when you get home.
I'll be rooting for Matt Holliday also.

Becca Swearingen said...

1.ESPANA!!!! We watched the game at the Dutch Cultural Center...Itwas fun to be with a passionate crowd... until the end!
2. I'm glad you had food at the wedding!!!

Cory Biggs said...

Bec,

1. Crazy! I want to hear stories!
2. Me too! You're going to absolutely love the pictures when I get them uploaded... though that may be a while. The internet has decided to be funky... again :(