Friday, July 9, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

I receieved a phone call from Alex Thomas, Clinton School Director of Admissions, offering me a spot off of the waiting list in the Clinton School's fifth class. I was (a) Stunned. People actually get called off the waiting list?; (b) Excited by the propect of diving into this new adventure; and (c) Full of questions--for Alex, for my family, for my friends, for Dean DiPippa regarding concurrent law school enrollment. I remember telling Alex that I needed to sleep on my enrollment decision... for several nights. Conveniently, my niece's birthday was coming up, I would be heading home to celebrate and would get to talk and think things over.

Fast forward 12 months... I'm in Africa. Rwanda, to be exact. Been here over a month now. I guess you know what my decision was. Crazy, right?

3 comments:

David said...

And we couldn't be happier you made the decision you did. It's really quite amazing how much we're all blessed to have each other and this mutual experience.

Alex said...

Funny how life works itself out, eh CBiggs?! Glad you joined us, I LOVE that you're in our program, and have loved your blogs as well. Thx for accepting our offer and joining the UACS craziness! -AT

Kimberly Caldwell said...

Wow. Can't imagine this crazy ride without you!